Good quilt making is an art and there are various steps that are involved in making a good quilt. The various steps involved in the art of quilt making include piecing, making the borders of the quilt, making the back of the quilt, batting, making different quilting designs and making use of quality threads in order to make good quality quilts.
The process of piecing involves very good designs and the various steps of making good quilts are given below:
- First of all you need to make sure that all the seams are properly pressed so that when these seams are laid down on a flat surface, then they do not have any folds or bunching.
- Then you need to ensure that all the seams are properly sewed so that the seams are secured.
- Make sure that all the lose threads that are there in the front as well as at the back of the quilt are properly clipped. The dark threads that are used are shadowed under the light colored fabrics.
- It is not possible to quilt the tucks, the puckers and the fullness.
- You also need to ensure that you remove all the pins.
- In case if the top of the quilt is directional then it is very important to mark the top of the quilt with a safety pin.
- You need to press the quilt from the front so that the quilt is not stretched or distorted.
There are a variety of available quilt designs from which you can make a quilt. A good quilt making company will have a catalog consisting of a number of quilt designs and Panto catalogue. So, if you choose from the catalogue of the quilt designs, you are not charged anything extra for it. One of the most popular patterns that are used in making these quilts is the edge to edge quilt designs. Here in these quilt designs the patterns are made from one edge of the quilt to the other, from the top of the quilt to the bottom of the quilt.
The machine quilting services should always be taken from a reputed company, in order to ensure that you get good quality quilts. Hiring the machine quilting services from a reputed company will also ensure that you are able to get the quilts at an affordable rate.